VMware Fusion 3.0.1 がリリース されていましたので、早速、アップグレードしてみました。
ハイライトは以下だそうです。修正されたバグ一覧等の詳細は リリースノート に記載されています。
- Improved 3D & Video Performance: Improved WDDM driver and 3D backend improvements speed up some applications and tests up to 80% on Mac OS X Snow Leopard
- Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala): Full support for Ubuntu 9.10 32-bit & 64-bit editions
- Even More 64-bit Support: Networking subsystem now 64-bit native to match 64-bit core engine
- Easier Move to VMware Fusion: Import standalone VHD virtual disks and Parallels Desktop 5 virtual machines into VMware virtual machines
- Improved Resume Times: Reduced time for resuming virtual machines
VMware Fusion 3.0 では極端なパフォーマンス低下を感じることがあったのですが、以下によるとパフォーマンス低下の問題が修正されているようです。
Some users encountered slow downs with VMware Fusion 3.0. Thanks to your help, we were able to track down the performance issues to three key areas that we have addressed in 3.0.1 or where we have a recommended workaround:
- Older versions of VMware Tools caused a slowdown and VMware Tools included with VMware Fusion 2.0.5 could not be easily upgraded. The tools upgrade issue has been resolved with VMware Fusion 3.0.1 to make it easier to upgrade to VMware Fusion 3.0.1 tools, which resolves the problem.
- Leaving the Virtual Machine Library open in the background on some machines caused excessive Spotlight searches looking for virtual machines. This has been addressed in VMware Fusion 3.0.1. If you encountered this issue, install VMware Fusion 3.0.1, launch it and then quit it. The next time you launch VMware Fusion 3.0.1, the problem is fixed.
- AVG Free 9 takes lots of CPU and makes the virtual machine sluggish. This is a AVG Free 9 problem that has been reported to them for investigation. We recommend new customers use the included 12-month subscription of McAfee VirusScan Plus or look at other free antivirus solutions such as Microsoft Security Essentials or Panda Cloud Antivirus that do not exhibit this problem.